Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Philosopher's Stone



So I did it, I got a job and a flat I officially have some sort of live in the UK, Im no longer a vegabond drifting from place to place looking for towels, flip flops and a place to sleep for at least one night.

Today I started work where Literature BEGAN. The very place where J.K. Rowling wrote the epic tale of the little wizard that could (or couldn’t I have no fucking clue I didn't read the books). The story goes; back when she was a well fair mom she used to go to this Cafe the has a view of Edinburgh Castle and fantasize about a little boy that could do amazing things and then became a multi-millionaire.

It is full of up tight WASPS who will order a cut of coffee and sit there all day and bark at you if you try to take the dirty cup away that they MAY get a refill, and tourists from Canada who ask you where she used to sit, and if she ever still comes, and where exactly was Harry birthed and by our staff T-shirts for £15 to give to some brat.

Its funny but it's a job so I guess something is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment